The topic of Psychological Safety is – at long last – very present everywhere you look. Having spent the past few years living and breathing the concept, building software to measure it, researching, writing and thinking about it incessantly, it’s a joy to see the buzz it now enjoys.
Unfortunately, with the buzz some noise is to be expected. Meaning we see some misinformed opinions, some misguided frameworks and so on but every word written to bring awareness to the fact that high performance in teams can not exist in a culture of fear is a plus. We are in a sense contributing to the noise ourselves if amount written is a factor in measuring it as we have written over 300 articles on the topic of Psychological Safety either in the Chasing Psychological Safety newsletter or the The Future is Agile newsletter. It’s time we stop, take stock and create another series dedicated to clarity.
The Psychological Safety Fundamentals series will be hosted here on the PeopleNotTech.com website and it is based on the structure in my book People Before Tech: The Importance of Psychological Safety and Teamwork in the Digital Age – and will contain some of these titles:
- What is Psychological Safety? Definitions and History
- What Psychological Safety is not
- Psychological Safety in Numbers
- Good Behaviours/Bad Behaviours of teams
- The good behaviours explained
- Impression Management – the Dark Side of Psychological Safety
- The HumanDebt™ – organisational level and team level
- The People Work – what does it take?
- Individual objections to the HumanWork
- Psychological Safety in the new hybrid environment of work
- Psychological Safety and Performance vs. Productivity
- The Importance of Empowered Teams and Servant Leadership
- Engagement vs. Engagement
- Survey Fatigue
- How to create internal Superheroes (advocates) and raise awareness
- How to increase Psychological Safety
- How to diminish Impression Management
- How to overcome organisational inertia and team resistance
Since we’re going back to basics and since we’re finding renewed purpose in establishing clarity we feel it’s also super important that we showcase Psychological Safety HumanDebt – reducing work in action so we will soon start hosting some interviews on our YouTube channel to introduce you to the amazing work some of these visionary companies are doing so stay tuned for that and if you have an internal Superhero who we should hear from don’t hesitate to nominate them.